Maisie tossed aside Kayak Club this year for the more sophisticated Sailing Club. It was only a matter of time I guess because the sea is in her blood (I've got nothing but desert sand in mine so she didn't get her love of water from me - thanks Grandpa H). Yesterday was her first day on the water and it was a beautiful day on Lac Leman (Geneva).
Maisie was paired with a more experienced partner who showed her the ropes:
Setting sail:
Hauling in the boat:
Maisie the Sailor:
Below is a photo of one of our "Summer List" projects. I couldn't find any terry cloth so we bought a towel and made this:
We named him Shameful Bear at first because he looked so awful. The fabric pulled apart as I tried to sew it (I'm no Auntie Kristen) and he was full of little holes but we got out a needle and thread and closed him up. Maisie did the face and accessories (fancy bow tie) herself and we think he turned out to be pretty cute after all.
We are now fully into the school routine. As much as we enjoyed our summer, the fall weather is so beautiful that we can't be anything but grateful for it. We can't wait for my sister and my mom to get here so we can share it with them!
1 comment:
Does Maisie realize she has the best life ever? :) I love the bear, so sweet.
Post a Comment