Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dragon Boat Races


This past weekend I participated in my first Dragon Boat Race on the beautiful Lac du Joux in L'Abbaye Switzerland.  It was a breast cancer research benefit and I joined a team that was made up of Moms from the International School of Lausanne and most of them are also my hiking buddies.

Here is the excellent team I was lucky to be able to paddle with:  


We had a knowledgeable, experienced Captain and a super motivated drummer which seemed to make all the difference in our strategy.  Here we are kicking the butts of our competition in the first race 
(we're boat number 6):


And here we are coming back to the dock after our first victory (that's me, last paddler on the right):


We ranked 2nd overall out of 12 all female teams and lost the final by 7/10ths of a second.  I'd say "We'll get 'em next year" but who knows where we'll be next Fall?!  I'm going to miss this stuff for sure!

1 comment:

kristen said...

How excellent Carrie Sue! Way to kick booty:)