Monday, May 23, 2011

Layla's first hike

I took the new puppy along with my hiking group last week.  We went to Creux du Van in the Jura mountains of the Neuchâtel region.  The hike was about 12km (8 miles) and took us about 4 and a half hours.  Layla did it all except for the last hour when I wrapped her up in a makeshift sling and carried her.  And she loved every minute (as did I).



 

The formation is technically a cirque http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque and is 1400 meters (870 feet) wide and 150 meters (500 feet) deep.



The climb was tough but worth it.



We even got to see one of the Ibex who live there.  He was just hanging around on the stone wall and didn't seem to mind the hikers or dogs.   Turns out their poop is irresistible to dogs.  Layla had her first bath when we got home.  Yuck!






2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh my gosh! That is really beautiful. And how nice for Layla (and you) to get to experience all the organic Ibex "offerings". Sweet!

Clarissa said...

LOL, funny dog! That looks amazingly gorgeous and what great exercise too!