Sunday, October 10, 2010

Luzern

Last weekend we decided to day trip it to Luzern/Lucerne for this beautiful Fall Fair:  


First we hit the Ferris Wheel to scope out the landscape.  Poor Maisie doesn't just get to enjoy the ride, she has to hear a story about the invention of the Ferris Wheel.  Her parents are nerds like that.



Views from the FW





Our spoils from the Crane Machine (I would be a rich woman if the Crane Machine had never been invented, or is it stuffed animals that are breaking the bank?) and our tickets for the Magic Carpet Ride.


After the fair we strolled around the beautiful old town and enjoyed the scenery.



I think this bike has been sitting here a while.  It's covered in bird poo.  Maybe it's art.


Oh yes, and our combined efforts at the Whack-a-Mole table garnered this major award:  A Simpsons blow up bat!  Score!!


This photo is for Susan (although she never looks at this blog).  It's Maisie and Unis the Unicorn.


Stay tuned for a post about our upcoming Halloween Party....  Anyone who wants to send us American style Halloween candy (tootsie rolls, starbursts, candy corns, sweet tarts, etc.) to stuff in our homemade piñata will get special mention here on the blog.  Now if that's not incentive, I don't know what is!



1 comment:

kristen said...

Darn. It. I just mailed a package yesterday.
Love, love, love, the beautiful photos:)