Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Europa Park!

This past weekend Maisie and I went to Europa Park in Rust, Germany.  We had to go to Basel to pick up her new harp (rental) and Europa park was just another hour north so we decided to make a weekend out of it.  This is now my favorite amusement Park of all time and puts Disney to shame.  We met the Edmonds (Noah's family who are from Phoenix too) and had a total BLAST!


We rode the water coaster




Lost every game on the midway (go figure),




Joked around (Maisie and Noah are not actually being eaten by shark, it's not real),




did some white water rafting.



and nearly died of anxiety when Maisie decided to ride this beast.  I must admit I was impressed but she had to ride this one with Noah and his Mom and Dad.  NO WAY was I getting on that sucker.



My favorite part though was the fact that Maisie is old enough to venture out with her friends a bit and go on the rides without me.  I love that she's growing up but wish I could pause here at 10 for a while.  I know I'm going to have my hands full in a few more years.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I'm so glad you told us that's not a real shark. I was worried.

We miss you guys. Last night Ivy was having a moment (or an hour) and one of her great sorrows was how much she misses Maisie. (One of my great sorrows is that I have been "blessed" with such a sensitive daughter)

Clarissa said...

Thought that shark was real! LOL! Man, that brought back some good 'ol Disney memories!!