Sunday, February 15, 2009

Walk




I went for a walk on the outskirts of my town today.  All of the tourist sites close from November - March but I was just in it for the exercise and photos to share.  Here are a few of the sites...


This is part of the path to hike up and see the old battlements.




This is a good example of why most of the hiking paths are closed...




This is the Rhone river which runs along the northeast side of town and separates the Canton of Vaud from the Canton of Valais.




More of the river running toward Lake Geneva.  The photo below was taken at a monument and sculptor's studio.  I love the sculpture of the man's head turning into a tree.  Not sure what the psychedelic bus is about but I like it too.


Ok, that's all from me for now.  More later...

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

What an amazing place! How fun to be there. . . like another world! I like the bus too!