Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chateau d'Oex



Last weekend we went to a Hot Air Balloon Festival in a town called Chateau d'Oex.  It lasted for 10 days and each day they filled and released as many balloons as weather would permit.  We lucked out and went on a beautiful, calm sunny day and saw about 30 balloons take flight.




Maisie has decided to revolt against my excessive photo taking and has vowed to stick her tongue out in every picture from now on.  Get used to it.




Most of the balloons were company owned and pretty much just advertisements



Like these....



Others were quite original such as the Scottish bagpiper, the baby chick and the American west.



...and the turtle wearing trainers.



Maisie is smiling in this one because I wasn't the photographer!





5 comments:

kristen said...

Those are the cutest Hinson's I've ever seen.
Seriously, did you photoshop the blue sky..no sky is that blue:)

carrie said...

No photoshop, I swear. I thought the same thing about your crater lake pics!

Anonymous said...

Is it true there's nothing under a kilt, or is that just a bunch of hot air?

BA DUM DUM!!

I'll be here all week.

Shelly said...

How do you guys manage to do the most amazing things ever? Can everything really be that beautiful? I'm so glad that you are having such wonderful experiences.......(of course I'm not envious or anything!) :)

Clarissa said...

Wow, beautiful place!