Sunday, January 11, 2009

Boxing Day


We decided to take a quick trip to London to see what Boxing Day was like (and to be in a place where we could communicate without feeling misunderstood!)....



Our first stop was Harrod's to try and take advantage of the after-Christmas sales.  What a mistake!  I've never seen so many people in one place at the same time.  Maisie, true to form, found the toy section and the largest stuffed animal ever.



Our next stop was Carnaby Street to see the super cool Holiday decorations.  We had dinner at our old-school favorite Wagamama.  


Here Maisie was enjoying an "iced lolly" (popsicle) and was already fed up with my excessive photo taking.


Maisie's favorite attraction was the London Eye.  We had a great view of Big Ben and the Parliament Building


We walked from the Eye over to Westminster Abbey.  Here is Maisie in front of St. Margaret's.  She was definitely done site seeing at this point but we still had a long way to go.... 
 

This is my best shot of Westminster Abbey



And one of St. Paul's Cathedral

We didn't time it right to get into either Cathedral so there is my excuse for going back to London as soon as possible!

1 comment:

sue said...

1. Love the ear muffs.

2. I hope you bought her that giant bear.

3. Once again I am jealous. I should probably make-"Stop being so envious of Carrie and Maisie and their fabulous European adventure" one of my New Year's Resolutions. Of course, that would mean I would have to make some resolutions......

4. We miss you guys!