I wanted to post photos of the beautiful leaves changing color in the valley but this week we had our first snow! It didn't quite make it down to our area but the surrounding mountains are beautifully capped with white.
Here in Sion we had to settle for a good rain but by the time we reached the elevation at Maisie's school the rain had changed to sleet. We felt sad for the cute little deer at the deer farm nearby so after school we stopped to feed them. I'm not sure if there is any other reason to farm deer other than to eat them so we just pretend the owners farm them because they think deer are as cute as we do!
Last weekend we went to a town called Lutry for a wine harvesting festival. There was quite a lot going on including these rival marching bands who dress up in silly costumes and roam around the town. Maisie and her friend Skye thought they we're too loud so they opted for the bumper cars. I'm glad it will be a few years before Maisie is legally behind the wheel.
Last but not least for this post are photos from the Chateau de Chillon. The castle is the result of several centuries of different construction and alterations from the 12th Century Savoy era until today. It was last inhabited in 1798. The Chateau is a short drive beyond Maisie's bus stop so, now that I am living a "life of leisure" (how is it that I'm still so busy?), I took some time while she was at school to take a tour.
This is the view from the street approaching the chateau and a view of Lake Geneva from one of the windows.
This is a shot of the interior of the Constable's Dining Room. The columns are black marble and the fireplace is about 10 feet high by 12 feet wide. It's very beautiful although I don't think the metal folding chairs are authentic.
Well, that's it for now. We miss you all and hope you are well!
1 comment:
I visited this chateau many moons ago (like 30 years).......I always remembered it.
Post a Comment