Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're Here

Hi,

We've decided to join the blogosphere to minimize the amount of time spent at the computer sharing our Swiss adventures with everyone.  We (OK, I) love it here and are enjoying the food, the scenery and mostly the absolutely perfect summer weather.  Here are some photos of our recent hike up to the local castle ruins:

The first photo is of the view about 1/3 of the way up the trail. This is a mixture of fig and pear trees (I think) with a vineyard on the left.  The hike is fairly simple with beautiful views everywhere you turn.

The second photo is a shot outside the castle in an area where Maisie and I love to picnic. 

The third is Maisie under the
picnic tree and the fourth photo is of the view through the main castle door across the way to Valere Cathedral. 

We are actively apartment hunting but are already at odds with our preferences.  We should be able to decide on a place this weekend.


School starts next Tuesday, September 2nd.  Look for an update to our post then.


6 comments:

Jimmy said...

The hills are alive......

ivy lou said...

No fair you don't school til next Tuesday. Switzerland looks awesome. I miss you and I hope you are having fun.

Love,Ivy

webkinzwules said...

i like pie

Hood Family said...

Hello, why did'nt you let us hide in your suitcase? What a beautiful place!!!!Can we come over to your castle?...We miss you TONS!!! Madison has been having dreams of Maisie. Love, Susie & Madison

kristen said...

Can't wait to hear about Maisie's first day at school. I love the big fork picture. Besos...kkm

webkinzwules said...

i like my new school! Switzerland is really pretty!


P.S.i like pie