Last weekend we boarded the Glacier Express and headed to Vals, Switzerland to enjoy the last days of Winter and relax at the Thermal Baths there.
Photography is not allowed in the baths so you'll have to enjoy the scenery and shots of the town. Above is Michael, with Maisie up ahead as we walked along the little river that ran through Vals.
Below Maisie, Layla and I are standing on a bridge designed by Swiss Architect Peter Zumthor who also designed the thermal baths.
We discovered where all of our snow has been hiding. We didn't get much to speak of in our town this season and it's obviously because they've been hogging it up in Vals. This is actually a town called Ilanz where we boarded a bus to take us up to the hotel.
Our journey was delayed due to an avalanche which blocked the entire width of the road in a 40 foot section. It was pretty nerve-wracking for me but our bus-mates (locals) were completely unphased and a snow plow was able to have us back on the road within an hour. I'm guessing this wasn't their first experience with avalanches.
Below is Maisie getting ready to have a go on a slide buried in snow.
And here is a cute shot of the village
and more walking...
We had an amazing time at the baths. I wish I could show them to you or that you could experience them for yourselves. It was a very special place and I feel fortunate to have been there. Thanks for another great trip, MB!
Love to you all,
Carrie and Maisie
1 comment:
Whoa...that is a lot of snow. This little planet of ours is so beautiful...thanks for sharing the lovely photos.
p.s. I think it's totally reasonable to freak a bit in an avalanche zone..yikes.
Post a Comment