We spent our summer holiday in Bruges/Brugge Belgium
I found a B&B which allowed dogs (they had two of their own) so that we could bring Layla with us. It was cute but perhaps not suited for tall people considering the spiral stair case and bathtub (no shower) but we managed.
This is the little patio in front of our "house"
We had a pretty cool view and delightful hosts
We were somewhat limited in our activities with the not perfect weather and the dog so we mostly walked around and took in the amazing scenery. The town is very clean and well preserved and very beautiful. Most people speak Flemish although we got by with a little French and lots of English.
We took the one sunny day that we had and went to the beach to dip our toes in the North Sea.
We saw this cute little shack where you can borrow library books. What a great idea!
Windmills
And here is the Frites museum. We didn't go in but I can't imagine that the life cycle of a potato to french fry was very captivating. I just liked the door signage.
Of course we had to sample the local fare and compare it to our Swiss chocolate but since I've never met a piece of chocolate that I didn't like, I'm not the best critic. I thought it was all amazing.
Here are some of the other local goodies we brought home with us. I've heard Speculoos called "crack in a jar". I'll let you know how it is when we open it but when the main ingredient listed is "cookies" you know you're onto something good.
We've had pretty lousy weather so far this summer with lots of clouds and rain but things are looking up today with lots of sunshine with the high temperature in the 80's. Maybe I won't need a sweater today. Hope you are enjoying your summer wherever you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment